Perguntas do ChapCom
Esta é uma lista de perguntas para serem respondidas para o ChapCom como parte da formação do capítulo da WMBR. Use a página de discussão para discutir e modelar as respostas. Conforme o consenso, as respostas serão disponibilizadas nesta página e posteriormente enviadas ao ChapCom.
- Who are the people behind this application? How many? Any active (on local or international level) Wiki[pm]edians? Active in which communities if any?
Over 30 volunteers are officialy interested in the creation of the brazilian formal chapter, as we can see at the meta-list. However, a br.wiki list which contains the participants of brazilian Wikimedia "Mutirões" (a brazilian volunteering & working method) have almost *two hundred signers*, many of them now supporting the creation of brazilian chapter.
Most of the volunteers are active contributors in the Portuguese-language of Wikipedia. There are also contributors from Commons, Wikiversity, Wikisource and Wikinews, in Portuguese (mainly), English and Esperanto languages.
-  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil/Interessados
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_participantes/Arquivo
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_interessados
- Could you give a short overview of the time path of the founding up to now?
In December 2007, the Brazilian community started a discussion on establishing a local organization to promote the WMF projects within the country. Early in September 2008, we submitted to the ChapCom a proposal for creating the Brazilian chapter, which was approved. Nevertheless, in the same year, the volunteers have chosen not to establish a formal chapter in that time. The reasons were pointed out in the Chapter Report 2008, but this discussion never ended. And the group kept organizing activities, as listed in the Chapter Reports of 2009, 2010 and 2011.
During the current year, the whole Brazilian community has finally reached an agreement, in order to create a minimum legal structure to support and expand our activities across the country. Those activities will keep being freely created and driven by volunteers, but with legal, institutional and financial support by WMBR Board. With such model in mind, we have re-written our bylaws, which is now being reviewed by lawyers. The next step will be submitting it to the ChapCom and asking for the new recognizement as a chapter. All our steps are being widely announced, either in our mailing-list as in social networks and also discussed in our wiki as in many IRC-meetings.
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Chapter_Report/2008
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Chapter_Report/2009
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Chapter_Report/2010
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Chapter_Report/2011
- Have there been any activities/meetings etc. of this group of people?
We've promoted a lot of meetings and activities, as we are discussing this since 2007. We've made a lot of meetings open to community, in São Paulo (10 editions of "WikiSampa"), Rio de Janeiro (4 editions of WikiRio) and Porto Alegre (3 editions of WikiAlegre), as well as in other cities. We've also participated in 3 Wikimanias and 2 Chapter Meetings, and met Kul Wadha, Jessie Wild, Barry Newstead, Jimmy Wales, Phillipe Beaudette, Danese Cooper, Ting Chen, Philippe Lacour, as pointed in our Chapter Reports.
-  http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Encontros/WikiSampa/WikiSampa_10
-  http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Encontros/WikiRio_4.0
-  http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Encontros/WikiAlegre_II
- What kind of activities are planned for the future in the chapter?
We are planning activities for internal and external communication on social networks and meetings around the country. We're also planning activities for promoting the use of the WMF projects in schools and universities; registering of cultural heritage; promoting social projects and fundraising.
We are now organizing a writing contest for Wikipedia and, together with Iberocoop, planning a photo competition to be launched in 2012. We also proposed a bid for hosting the Ibero-American Wikimedia Summit 2012 and we'll probably create a bid for Wikimania 2015.
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil_Comunica%C3%A7%C3%A3o
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil_Educa%C3%A7%C3%A3o
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil_Patrim%C3%B4nio
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil_Social
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brasil_Recursos
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Concurso_fotogr%C3%A1fico_ibero-americano
-  http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Encontro_Wikimedia_Ibero-Americano_2012
- Do you have an overview of how many Wikimedians would like to join the chapter when founded?
We have around 200 Wikimedians interested in joining the chapter when founded.
- Have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist?
Yes. The bylaw is being reviewed by a lawyer office for assuring it's in accordance with Brazilian NGO legislation.